Terms and Conditions for Weddings & Civil Ceremonies
1) Appuldurcombe House is a Scheduled Ancient Monument . As such nothing may be attached to the walls or floors in such a way that permanent damage is caused . After clearing up there should be no lasting damage from the wedding and reception .
2) Appuldurcombe Heritage will organise the Premises License for the site to cover live music , recorded music and dancing . Appuldurcombe Heritage also hold the Wedding Premises License for the site with James Owen and john owen as responsible Persons . Additionally James Owen holds the Personal License for the site to cover the sale of alcohol . (Please note we do not charge corkage as a venue but you will need to clarify with caterers/bars their position )
3) The Cost of the venue hire for 1019 is £1300 plus vat for a wedding up to 120 guests using the house only and for 2020 £1550 plus vat ( please note this price does not include the marquee hire !!)
4) The cost of marquee hire , furniture, crockery , lighting/generator , catering/bar and music is the responsibility of the rentee . No restrictions are placed on who can be used for the above as long as they follow English Heritage`s guide lines for items/services . The list of suppliers on the website are companies who have worked on site to the heritage guidelines in the past .
5)Appuldurcombe house and grounds are provided for exclusive use of the site ( i.e. only one wedding at a time ) on Saturdays , at all other times , when site is open to the public Sunday to Friday , public access must be maintained to as much as is practical and safe . Wedding setting up on Fridays normally though may be Thursday in exceptional circumstances . Tidy up by 10am Sunday .
6)The floor of the Great Hall will be cleaned if necessary by the staff at Appuldurcombe and will be cleaned by them after the wedding if necessary using only cleaning materials approved by EH . If a bar is located in the Great Hall , drinks must be served ( i.e. not self service ) and the floor under it must be protected by matting . No beetroot or curry or any other staining type food will be allowed on site .
7)The keys to the house will not be supplied to the rentee , the wedding coordinator will be responsible for locking and unlocking for setting up ( no later than 830pm friday except by special arrangement ) and for access for clearing up on sunday morning .
8) The House and grounds are open to the public every day except Saturday and on Sunday Mornings in the season it must be totally cleared up as far as is practical , especially any broken glass and slip/trip hazard removed before public access at 10am . All litter and rubbish must be moved from site by 10 am and taken to the local council tip ( at Lynne bottom ) by the rentee .
9) Electrical connections may only be done by qualified electrical contractors and to minimise trip hazards may not be set up until the afternoon before . Particular care must be taken to light up the area of the drive and sides of the house to ensure safety when leaving the house . Equipment from the holiday cottages ( i.e. lamps/leads/crockery etc .) may not be used at the wedding . Use of the power supply in the cellar is included in the rental fee but it is only small ( 32 amp max ) so will require a generator for most weddings .
10) For a Saturday wedding deliveries of furniture are permitted from Thursday onwards except for marquees which may arrive earlier if weather conditions dictate . Tidy up on sunday morning except marquees which may be left longer for safety if the interior has been removed .
11) The house is locked over night but as it is open to the public on the day on Friday nothing valuable should be left unattended and we recommend that no alcoholic drinks are stored overnight .
12) Holiday Cottages on site Coach house ( sleeps 7 ) , and Gatehouse or Retreat ( sleep 2 ) are available to hire via Sykes cottages . Dogs are allowed at the wedding and also in Coach House and Gatehouse .
13) Our insurance doers not cover hired-in items of equipment and personal items . These must me covered by suppliers of such equipment or the rentee . Cars may be parked in the onsite car park over night at owners risk .
14)Fire extinguishers must be provided for the house and caterers , of a suitable size and type , the wedding coordinator can provide advice if required . Emergency/back up lighting can be achieved by connecting it to the house electric supply if a generator is being used .
15)All music / dancing and alcohol sales must cease at 12 midnight as per the terms of our premises license . The wedding organiser will attend at this time to ensure licensing conditions are respected and to switch off power and lock up .
16 ) Please be quiet when leaving the site to respect others , especially the onsite accommodation if it is not let to the wedding party .
17) Trees and bushes must not be damaged and any areas of turf damaged should be repaired .
18) Fireworks . Must be notified in advance so that notice can be published in the Wroxall parish magazine to warn neighbours !
19) Appuldurcombe House is in the Guardianship of English Heritage who allow the owners via their company Appuldurcombe Heritage to operate Weddings but may wish to vary conditions under their statutary powers to protect the Monument . In these circumstances any variations will be notified to the client in writing .
I have read and agree to these conditions
Wedding Date ________________________
Wedding Conditions 2019